For affiliates running their own web site or thinking of starting their own web site the following web design tips should help you convert more visitors into sales.
1. Your main goal as an affiliate is to get people to click your affiliate links so make it very easy for visitors to click your affiliate link. You have to actually tell them to click the link. Have a 'click here' for every affiliate link on your site.
2. Content. Content. Content. Give visitors what they want - they want good quality content and lots of it. Articles, tips, newsletter archives and details of each product or service on your site.
3. The fewer pictures the better. Lots of graphics slow sites down and as you are an affiliate you want your visitor to click your affiliate link. If your web site takes a long time to load your visitor may just leave and not even get a chance to click your affiliate link.
4. Use a simple layout with a prominent, easy to find link to each major page on your site. Complicated sites with lots of graphics and the latest design features are great in theory but the keep it simple strategy works best for affiliates.
5. If you offer a newsletter, make it very easy for people to sign up by having subscribe details on every page of your site. Also offer a newsletter archives section on your site.
6. For lots of great content use other people's articles on your site. Ensure these articles fit the theme of your site and include your affiliate links at the bottom of each page these articles appear on.
7. Make sure you have a 'Contact Us' page. When you tell people who you are and how to contact you they will instantly be more likely to trust you. If they trust you they will click your affiliate links!
Be constantly looking for the best ways to design your affiliate web site. Your design should be focussed on getting visitors to click your affiliate links. Better web design means better results for affiliates.
About the Author:
David McKenzie in an author of an ebook "How To Write Free Articles and Market Them With a 0 dollar Marketing Budget". Visit http://www.brisney.com/.